WHAT IS TIME MANAGEMENT?
Written by: Akhilesh Dev | Posted: March 13, 2019 at 1:20 pm | Total Comments: 1
It seems that there is never enough time in the day. But, since we all get the same 24 hours, why is it that some people achieve so much more with their time than others? The answer lies in good time management. “Time management” refers to the way that you organize and plan how long you spend on specific activities.
Good time management requires an important shift in focus from activities to results: being busy isn’t the same as being effective (ironically, the opposite is often closer to the truth). Spending your day in a frenzy of activity often achieves less, because you’re dividing your attention between so many different tasks. Good time management lets you work smarter – not harder – so you get more done in less time.
Ideally, your time should be divided into 3 parts: 3X8 hours
1. „Me” time includes massage, meditation, relaxation, traveling, self-development, walking, sports, hobbies… the activities that you do for yourself.
2. Spending time with family and friends is time for your loved ones. Ideally, quality time, so you build your relationships and acquire experience.
3. Work time is productive activity and idle time during working hours. It applies to both employees and entrepreneurs.
How would you divide the 3 areas above into your life?
Of course, there is no way we can evenly divide each day, however, we should strive for balance in the long term. Otherwise, the work-life balance will be capsized. When you feel that even 48 hours a day would not be enough, why is that? Be honest with yourself! Do you want to fulfill too many expectations and roles? You feel like if you’re not spinning continuously, you can miss something? Are you overcommiting yourself in work or in family life? All of these may be the reasons why you feel that 24 hours a day is not enough.
It is recommended that YOUR TIME for self-development you spend:
-25% with learning (reading books, attending conferences, listening to audio and video recordings)
-25% by studying the activities of successful people
-50% of it with concrete ACTION (implementation)!
Make time for yourself!
– Instead of listening to music and radio, listen to some recording or language lesson.
– You can exercise, stretch, iron while watching TV. So let’s say you can work for fun. In this case, you can combine activities so you can do twice as much in half of the time.
– Instead of watching TV, you can learn, read and do other useful, healthier activities. Some of the time-consuming activities can be replaced by this principle.
– Many a little makes a mickle. Not all things can be done right away. Rather, break it up every day for a quarter of an hour so you can achieve great results in the long run.
– On public transport also make useful time. You can read on the train and on the plane. And on the local public transport, listen to audio CDs or language tutorials.
– Build systems! In addition to work, they are also very applicable in private life. Know your family’s schedule.
– Everybody, everywhere seems to be busy. Take the time to recharge. Include short breaks in your work schedule. Everyone needs a little recharging. Let me introduce to you meaningful story for this.
– Perform tasks at the top of your maximum. At night when you are tired, it consumes a lot more energy and you may not be able to solve the tasks effectively, like when you do all this in a relaxed way.
– Go shopping with a shopping list, preferably in the usual places if you want to finish quickly.
– Make order on your desk, tidy up after work, organize the documents that you need, and don’t stack them up in one place.
– Don’t try to solve other people’s problems, many times they have no need for it, they just would like someone who listens to them.
– Automate processes! You can also save a lot of time by using a simple auto-reply message. Find out where you can apply this in your life.
– Enjoy the present! Be in the present and in the now realizing the potential opportunities! You can’t bring the past back, you can learn from it, so that you do not make the same mistakes now. It’s good to have dreams, but if you’re always floating above heaven, then the action is left out of your life.
Responsibility = Control = Freedom
I think it is also very closely linked to the topic of efficient time management. Because you can feel truly the freedom, if you’re in control of your life and you’re in control of your life, if you take responsibility for your actions and decisions. This is true for the time too, you will have free time, if you own your time and you do it responsibly.